The eradication of “acquired” Chiari after LP-shunts using gravitational valves

Alfred Aschoff & Barbara Vienenkötter
Objective: Lumboperitoneal (LP) shunts were inaugurated by Ferguson in 1898, in 1967 Murtagh introduced the use of Touhy-canulas in catheter placement. These shunts are commonly used in pseudotumor cerebri, therapy-refractory CSF fistulas and selected hydrocephali, but show three specific problems: [for full text, please go to the a.m. URL]