Manuscript in pen in Ivor Gurney's hand. An alternative version exists in manuscript notebook 67.8. The version shown here was included in P.J. Kavanagh's 'Ivor Gurney: Collected Poems' (2004). Written while Gurney was either at Barnwood House asylum, Gloucester (September-December 1922) or Stone House, Dartford, Kent (the City of London Mental Hospital where Gurney stayed from December 1922 until his death).