This German field gun was captured at Loos in September 1915. According to a local history book 'Aspects of Spalding' by Leveritt and Elsden "The gun was brought to Spalding on 23rd March 1916. Large crowds assembled at the railway station, and in the Market Place to see it arrive. The gun weighing one ton . . . remained on display in Spalding for one month before being taken to Leek in Staffordshire"