Manuscript in pencil in Ivor Gurney's hand. Marked by Gurney 'Warrington, July 1918'. Mentioned in a letter of August 1918 to Marion Scott. One of just a few poems from this time not selected for 'War's Embers' (1919), published in Collected Poems (1982/2004). Written while Gurney was a patient at Lord Derby's War Hospital being treated for shell shock. From a navy blue notebook used by Gurney at Warrington in July 1918.