Manuscript in pencil in Ivor Gurney's hand. Mentioned in a letter to Marion Scott of September 1918, and again in a letter to H.N. Howells of 21st June 1916. Written while Gurney was a patient at Lord Derby's War Hospital being treated for shell shock. Found in a burgundy notebook containing fair copies of poems made by Gurney. It appears to have been compiled primarily in 1918.