Bayernwald Trenches

University Of Oxford First World War Poetry Digital Archive
This small area of woodland was taken by the German troops in 1914 where they constructed a system of trenches. This bunker within the trench system has half it's structure missing on the left hand side and allows the thinckness of the roof and the walls to be seen. The trenches have now been restored and are open to the public via prior appointment with the Kemmel tourist office.