A black-and-white photograph postcard of the old market in Hiram Market.
This is a Uniongram, sold as a fundraiser by the Women of Reform Judaism (formerly the National Federation of Temple Sisterhoods). This Uniongram congratulates a boy on his bar mitzvah in 1965.
Caption for similar image in Moss and Schnitzspahn (1997): "A landscape view of "Rohallion," the vast estate of financier Edward Dean Adams. It was originally designed by Stanford White and built in 1887-88. Nathan Barrett was the noted landscape architect.", (p. 33).
The outside sign in front of Willie's Tavern, Bedminster. Willie's closed for renovation and reopening under new ownerships after this February 2011 picture was taken.
Black and white photograph postcard of the Free Public Library, New Brunswick, N. J.. In 1902, Andrew Carnegie presented New Brunswick with a proposition. He offered to donate $50,000 for the erection of a new library building if the City would agree to support the institution with $5,000 annually for operating expenses. Oddly, the City agreed to Carnegie's idea, but the library board opposed it. After a bitter controversy, the building was constructed on Livingston...
Boyd's Monmouth County, New Jersey, Directory, 1896-7 lists D. Solomons as the proprietor (p. 224).
Interior, with master's desk and 1752 Bible
Menu of The Livingston Spa Incorporated, located at 25 Livingston Avenue, from June 16, 1939. The Livingston Spa was located at this address from 1932 to 1954.
Boyd's Lakewood, N.J., Directory for 1909 lists Dr. William G. Schauffler as living at 400 Madison Ave., Lakewood (p. 90).
Handwritten on album page: “Across ‘Froh-Heim’ meadows” Photo verso: “Across Schleys’ field from Bridge (Far Hills-Bedminster) Route #16. January 21, 1925. 11 degrees below zero.”
A black-and-white photograph postcard of the Bayard Street School.
William Reed photographed with an unknown group of people, circa 1910. Reed is on the right in the 4th (next to the last) row.