Undated, color photo, postcard of original Horticultural Department at Rutgers College. Greenhouses can be seen in the foreground and the academic building in the background.
Undated, black and white, postcard featuring the primary buildings of Rutgers College in the early 1900's as seen from the corner of George and Somerset Streets. From right to left are: Voorhees Hall, Kirkpatrick Chapel, Old Queen's, Geology Hall and Van Nest Hall.
Color postcard, with postmark date of July 14, 1910, featuring the N.J. State Experiment Station located at Rutgers College. Built by the State of New Jersey for the State Agricultural Experiment Station, it also housed the chemistry and biology departments of the college. Today, the building is named New Jersey Hall and is located at 77 Hamilton Street. New Jersey Hall, situated on land deeded to Rutgers by James Neilson, was designed by George K....
Black and white photo postcard of Armory Building at Rutgers College. Servicemen are lined up on the front steps of the building. Postmarked December 1, 1906.
Color postcard of Class of 1902 Memorial Gateway. Erected in 1904 by the Class of 1902, the Gateway is located on Hamilton Street behind Old Queen's. The postcard has no date on it.
Poem written for Miss McCoy upon her retirement from New Brunswick High School.
Songs written and sung in honor of Miss McCoy upon her retirement from New Brunswick High School.
Song written and sung honoring Miss Emma A. McCoy at her retirement from New Brunswick High School
Song written and sung in honor of Miss McCoy's retirement from New Brunswick High School.
Song written and sung in honor of Miss Emma A. McCoy for her retirement from New Brunswick High School.
Black and white postcard featuring one of four entrance gates to Rutgers College. This one, located at George and Somerset Streets, is the Class of 1883 Memorial Gates. These gates were erected in 1904 by the Class of 1883, in commemoration of the 20th anniversary of its graduation. Designed by architect Frederick P. Hill, a member of the class. The gates were redesigned in 1929 to adapt to modern taste and traffic conditions.
Color postcard of Gibbons Residence campus at the N. J. College for Women, now part of Douglass College at Rutgers University. Gibbons Campus was named for Thomas Gibbons. The land now known as "Gibbons Campus," was given to the college by James Neilson, who was responsible for it being named "Gibbons." The land was probably originally owned by Gibbons in connection with his ferry service between Elizabethtown Point and New Brunswick which began in 1817....
Color postcard of the Agricultural Building at College Farm which was built in 1914. It is now called Martin Hall and it houses the Administration Offices of the Agriculatural Department.
Livingston, Hardenbergh and Freylinhuysen Dormitories, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New JerseyNew Brunswick Free Public Library
Color photo taken from Highland Park of the "River Halls" which consist of Hardeburgh Hall, Freylinghuysen Hall and Livingston Hall (now Campbell Hall). Hardeburgh Hall was named after Jacob Rutsen Hardenbergh: the first president of Queens College/Rutgers College and has dorm rooms and classrooms. Freylinghuysen Hall was named after Theodorus Jacobus Frelinghuysen, who was an early advocate of the establishment of a college and theological seminary. This building was erected in 1956. Campbell Hall was...
Black and white photograph of "Rutgers Trap" with three unknown children playing in front of it. Also known as "The Trap," or "The Old Trap," it was the dormitory for the Rutgers Preparatory School. It was on Hamilton Street and used from 1870 until 1914 when the building and property were sold, and new dorms were constructed for the students.
Postcard with two color photographs, one of Van Nest hall, and the other of the Labratory. The second instructional building at Rutgers, Van Nest Hall was erected in 1845 and named for Abraham Van Nest, a New York City merchant and devoted trustee of Rutgers College, 1823 to 1865. Built by Nicholas Wyckoff, the building was originally two stories. The two nineteenth century literary societies, Philoclean and Peitessophian, occupied the first floor and a museum...
Color postcard of Gateway to Rutgers College sent to Miss Mary N. Walker of Morris Street, New Brunswick, N. J. Postmark date March 11, 1907. Placed at the principal entrance to the Queen's campus on the corner of George and Somerset Streets, the Gates were erected in 1904 by the Class of 1883, in commemoration of the twentieth anniversary of its graduation. The gates were designed by architect Frederick P. Hill, a member of the...
Color postcard featuring obscured view of Winants Hall. Winants Hall was Rutgers first dormitory, constructed in 1890. It is named for Garret E. Winants, a wealthy philanthropist from Bayonne who in 1889 joined the Board of Trustees and a year later presented a sketch of a proposed dormitory building and a gift $75,000 to pay for its construction. Winants Hall served as the sole dormitory for Rutgers until 1915, when John Ford Hall was constructed....
Color photo of aerial view of New Brunswick over College Avenue Campus towards downtown New Brunswick. Johnson and Johnson World Headquarters can be seen in the center of the photograph, as well as Route 18 running along the Raritan River.
Color photo of Alexander Library, undated. Alexander Library was named after Archibald Stevens Alexander who was New Jersey State Treasurer, a Rutgers Trustee and member of the Board of Governors. Alexander was a member of the Rutgers University Foundation Board of Overseers from 1975 until his death and was also president of the Friends of the Rutgers University Libraries from 1975 until he died. In 1973 the Board of Governors named the central university library...
Color photograph of Voorhees Chapel at Douglass Campus of Rutgers University. No date is given for the picture.The Chapel was named after Elizabeth Rodman Voorhees. In 1903, Mrs. Voorhees bequeathed her residuary estate amounting to $1,600,000 to the NJ College for Women (Douglass College) for the construction and maintenance of a building for religious purposes. Voorhees Chapel was the result.
Aerial view of the College Avenue Campus of Rutgers University. The date of the photograph is unknown, but it was before the headquarters of Johnson and Johnson was erected and Route 18 was created in 1979.
List of letters to and from Miss Emma A. McCoy
Poem honoring Miss McCoy with watercolor painting on the side.
Thank you letter from Arthur Conan Doyle.